The Pilgrimage of Hope is an enriching experience offering a perspective on the region that is truly special. This section is devoted to helping people find their way, especially focused on international pilgrims coming to complete the route. Every day has been mapped out with GPS and can be accessed with GPX viewer to guide pilgrims that are not so familiar with the region.
To use simply download GPX viewer to your device – or for offline capability, download GPX Viewer Pro.
Simply follow these steps:
- Click on the download link
- Press download when directed to the Google Drive download screen
- Go to your downloads folder (or the pop-up notification)
- Use the “open with” function to open the route in GPX Viewer (please note this may take a while)
- Now you’re ready to hit the road!
|Click to download GPX Viewer||Click to download GPX Viewer|
|GPX Viewer Pro (for offline capability)||GPX Viewer Pro (for offline capability)|
Simply choose the route below you would like to download for your device. Those marked “Beta” are new routes where the GPX route is being tested – please note that these routes might still have a few glitches. Please don’t hesitate to send any feedback:
1) Stellenbosch – Agulhas
2) Robertson – Agulhas
3) Unionalde – Mossel Bay [Garden Route] (Beta)
4) Cape Point – Agulhas [via Stellenbosch] (Beta)
5) Cycling Route: Cape Point – Agulhas (Beta)
Disclaimer: Please note that this is not official directions or coordinates and only suggestions that make finding your way easier. These maps are based on our own pilgrimage and may differ in some places from the official route. This is in no way a substitute for the official guidebook that can be acquired at pelgrimstogvanhoop.com.