The Pilgrimage of Hope is an enriching experience offering a perspective on the region that is truly special. This section is devoted to helping people find their way, especially focused on international pilgrims coming to complete the route. Every day has been mapped out with GPS pins on Google maps to guide pilgrims that are not so familiar with the region.
Please note that this is not official directions or coordinates and only suggestions that make finding your way easier. These maps are based on our own pilgrimage and may differ in some places from the official route. This is in no way a substitute for the official guidebook that can be acquired at www.communitas.co.za.
- Day 1: Stellenbosch to Pniel [14km / 8.6mi]
- Day 2: Pniel to Franschhoek [19 km / 12mi]
- Day 3: Franschhoek to Karmel [5km / 3mi] (Villiersdorp)
- Day 4: Karmel to Villiersdorp [25 km / 15.5mi]
- Day 5: Villiersdorp to Rusty Gate [14km / 8.6mi]
- Day 6: Rusty Gate to Genadendal [14km / 8.6mi]
- Day 7: Genadendal (Crossing) to Wolfkraal Farm [20km, 12mi]
- Day 8: Wolfkraal to Tussenbeide Farm [20km, 12mi]
- Day 9: Tussenbeide to Volmoed [25km / 15.5mi]
- Day 10: Rest at Volmoed!
- Day 11: Volmoed to Hermanus [11km / 6.8mi]
- Day 12: Hermanus to Wortelgat [15km / 9mi]
- Day 13: Wortelgat to Gans Bay [25 km / 15.5mi]
- Day 14: Gans Bay to Baardskeerdersbos [25km / 15.5mi]
- Day 15: Baardskeerdersbos to Elim [18km / 11mi]
- Day 16: Elim to Springfield Estate [28km / 17mi]
- Day 17: Springfield to L’Agulhas [25km / 15.5mi]